I agree with you and marto. Most likely (imho), tye approved his own post by using divine powers to do it through paco's account.
I did some digging using my own godly powers, and have assembled the following timeline:
- 1999-10-26: paco created his account, and posted his sole writeup.
- 2000-05-25: he uploaded a package from Everything Development. See Hint Information. (It was never used here.)
- 2000-08-28: he seems to have made an appearance.
- 2002-06-11: seems to have approved and frontpaged that post by tye
- 2002-06-11: levelchange - directly from 1 to 5! which is not normally possible.
- 2002-07-02: homenode.lastedit
- 2004-01-23: homenode.lastupdate
- 2004-06-02: scratchpad created
- 2005-08-15: homenode.nodeupdated
I suspect that tye was being more ironic than nefarious, given that his post was specifically about this:
the ability to approve or front-page your own nodes has been taken away
He had taken away the ability to FP his own node, so wore paco
as a sock-puppet to do that deed;
and had to jack up paco
's level in order to do so easily. :-)
I reckon we are the only monastery ever to have a dungeon stuffed with 16,