I think with a simple s/PerlMonks/Life/g
these are a bit more broad. :)
Life, Why you'll love it
- You'll learn something new from many experiences you have
- You'll lean something new even about things that are not strictly about your life, but related to it (philosophy, art, science).
- You can exchange ideas with contemperaries.
- You'll get good advice from people experienced at living.
- You'll get good adivce from people experienced at giving good advice.
- Someone will say you taught him/her something new and it will make you happy!
- Some things you do will be praised by others, and you'll be proud.
- You say something obvious to you, but those around you didn't think it was so obvious and receive praise.
- You see your karma going up and up... (insert afterlife statement here)
Why you'll hate it
- You'll get bored with dealing with the same kinds of people, over and over again.
- You'll get bothered by people whose interests aren't exactly yours.
- You'll look for help, and find yourself alone.
- You'll ask important earth-shattering questions, and receive only silence in response.
- You'll be criticised for things you thought you did well.
- You'll be ashamed of things you did poorly.
- When you've worked very hard at something, tried your best, and did a wonderful job it will fail anyway.
- You keep getting re-incarnated, darn it... :)
- You'll be misunderstood and harassed by people who simply aren't paying attention to what you're trying to say.
- You'll run into people who will hate you for no reason at all.
Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
<code> <a> <b> <big>
<blockquote> <br /> <dd>
<dl> <dt> <em> <font>
<h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>
<h5> <h6> <hr /> <i>
<li> <nbsp> <ol> <p>
<small> <strike> <strong>
<sub> <sup> <table>
<td> <th> <tr> <tt>
Snippets of code should be wrapped in
<code> tags not
<pre> tags. In fact, <pre>
tags should generally be avoided. If they must
be used, extreme care should be
taken to ensure that their contents do not
have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent
horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor
Want more info? How to link
or How to display code and escape characters
are good places to start.