"It's only clear-sighted to expect the dead CPAN authors outweighing the living in the not so distant future."
I may be missing your drift here LanX, perhaps through language barriers.
I am in no way, nor has anyone else (I don't think), denouncing anyone deceased, especially there's been no comparison between the dead and dead CPAN authors.
Seems as though people have been respecting the dead people they know is all, but I could be wrong.
Let's put this in perspective as to why I wrote the post:
- had my niece and eight other friends murdered in a mass shooting
- had my mother fusking entire area evacuated by forest fires in which I chose to return, across lines to ensure friends in the area had supplies
- My wife had a very close friend shoot himself in the head
- A mutual friend died from OD
- My mother fscking brother will spend life in prison
- My daughter up on four felony counts in the US
- Another tight family friend, dead
I have a body count. Again, I'm missing something here, but unless there's a loss in translation, I don't believe I'm missing a point.
Update: I respect you greatly, LanX, so please don't take this as animosity... I'm just venting. It's been a hard walk bro.
- Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
- Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] |
- Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.