in reply to Re: Curious about Perl's strengths in 2018
in thread Curious about Perl's strengths in 2018
- We apparently use a different definition of the word clean.
- While still being way slower than anything else.
- In combination with it's "clean" syntax, deceptively at the first glance kinda similar to another, older and well known language, this is bound to lead to impossible to decipher code.
- While being an overkill most of the time and another ad hoc change from things people know, but with \d still matching insanely way too much.
- Yeah, that's nice. If done right.
- Aaaand ... the design is finally stable and ... erm ... implemented?
- And there's maybe five people that understand it all.
- With lovely line noisy syntax
Enoch was right!
Enjoy the last years of Rome.