I'd like to throw a question back at you.
There is a long mile between knowing what ought to happen and making it actually happen. Key elements of marketing are knowing your target audience and understanding how best to get their attention. If you were to plan out a public relations campaign for the scientific/financial community, how would you go about it?
- What messages or stories would get attention and interest? Journal articles? Case studies? Here's "how I made it work" essays?
- Is bling or coolness needed? Fancy graphics and jingles? Ipod touch/ipad apps?
- Where would they have to be placed? blogs? newsgroups? portals? word of mouth?
- Who would have to deliver the message? Are there big names people trust? Who are they? How would you get them to want to talk about how great Perl is?
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||