I would /msg this but it's going to be too long, sorry everyone for this ad-space!!!
Apart from Netbanx, you could also try WorldPay
. They claim you can get set up with them in around 48 hours - (in reality it takes a little longer because of form filling). There are the following benefits:
- You have the option to accept payment in multiple currencies
- It's very easy to integrate, although the look and feel is not very customisable.
- You don't ever store any credit card information so you don't have to worry about cc info being stolen from your server.
- They handle repeat billing for you automatically - e.g. subscription fees.
- web-based statements and refunds facility for the merchant
There are loads more options in the UK for credit card billing such as securetrading
- but that is much more work to integrate and get set up with them.
On another note, you'll need to decide about who owns the intellectual property, copyrights, etc. Plus, make sure you don't give them the site without getting paid. If this is your first job, then you might fall into this trap - because it's really easy to think that you need to be very accomodating to the client without covering yourself.
A client of mine developed a job site for someone and has only received about 10% of the fee even though the site was finished about 9 months ago.
Bottom line: try and get everything in writing, if possible arange for some payment up-front or after the first phase is ready for the clients to see.
$code or die
$ perldoc perldoc
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||