Rock solid code! I've run this client for several hours now without a single issue. The chat textbox has a huge scrollback buffer - which I was missing in Katterbox.
Unless you are on a M$ platform you may need to locate the two Win32 ref's and comment them out (like I did.) This will break browser launching until platform independant patches become available.
Excellent work jdporter! ++
I suggest the following improvements:
- Provide an indicator for login status (perhaps in the title bar?)
- Do not use the color red for "active" status but green instead. I thought the login had failed when the status became red.
- Add a scroll bar to the text dialogue history.
- Add an option to remove the timestamp.
- Fontcontrol would be nice.
- Give yourself some credit! Add an About menu.
The first dog barks... all other dogs bark at the first dog.
Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
<code> <a> <b> <big>
<blockquote> <br /> <dd>
<dl> <dt> <em> <font>
<h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>
<h5> <h6> <hr /> <i>
<li> <nbsp> <ol> <p>
<small> <strike> <strong>
<sub> <sup> <table>
<td> <th> <tr> <tt>
Snippets of code should be wrapped in
<code> tags not
<pre> tags. In fact, <pre>
tags should generally be avoided. If they must
be used, extreme care should be
taken to ensure that their contents do not
have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent
horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor
Want more info? How to link or
or How to display code and escape characters
are good places to start.