I'm not on the foundation, but I know a couple of people who are. If one of them shows up, he or she will have better answers.
- No, and Damian and Dan may or may not receive a grant this year. I don't think it's been decided.
- I don't know. You may need a parent or guardian to sign for you if you receive the grant.
- Yes, most new grants will probably be small ones. There should be a handful of grants announced in the next little bit — perhaps in the next few days, or perhaps at YAPC::NA. In this case, "small" means "less than a few thousand dollars".
- In the past, rather infrequently. In the future, hopefully much more frequently. Some will be awarded soon. I suspect there will be several smaller grants awarded each quarter.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||