- autodie for IO operations.
- RaiseError with DBI.
- XML::Parser: A die call is thrown if a parse error occurs.
- XML::LibXML will throw an exception if a parsing error occurs.
- warnings can be elevated to fatals. See perllexwarn.
- strict will make some risky behaviors an error that won't allow execution to begin.
- perlrun: Taint mode will throw an exception if it catches you doing unsafe things with tainted input.
- You can, of course, pepper your code with or die $! or or die "Message..."
There are plenty of other possibilities too, if we knew what you're after.