I downvoted your post since you obviously did not read the links biohisham gave you.
Had you done so, you would surely have formatted your second post with <p></p> and <code></code> tags:
thanx so much for ur advice... actually am a new in perl monk...
actually i want to make a database of mp3 songs. so after retrieving the tag info of each song..i got a output like :
Title: who am i:
Artist: bon jo
Title: i can stay
Album : Armyman
now i want my database to be like :
Artist Title Album Year Genre
------ ----- ----- ----- -----
Rock bbb hhh 2000 POP
MelB Hum por 2003 other
bon jo Armyman 209 others
open (my $fh, "<", "C:/songdata1.txt") or die "can't open the file";
my ($header,$info) = split /:/;
I dont know how to proceed futher.
plz help me out.
Now, to help you out:
- make sure your records are separated with an empty line
- read the input file in paragraph mode (switch -p00, see perlrun)
- split the resulting records at "\n"(newline) into an array
- iterate over this array, split each element into ($header,$info)
- populate a hash (see perldata) with $header as key, $info as value
- done iterating over the array, output the records (see perlform for formatted text output)