|more useful options|
Re^3: understanding devel::leakby nonnonymousnonk (Novice)
|on Oct 09, 2007 at 17:18 UTC||Need Help??|
Thank you Monks for the pointers.
After several weeks of bashing my head against this problem I have at last made a breakthrough, of sorts.
Along my voyage of discovery I've tried:
In the end all I could do was step through with the degugger looking for patterns in where perls private bytes increased. Not easy due to the way perl grabs memory in 4k chunks. In the end I got down to one suspect package function. I wrote a fake version of this that returns realistic data. Using this I have proved that there are absolutely no memory leaks in my code. I'd be quite please with this if only it did not render 6 weeks effort pretty worthless.
The module causing the problem is Win32::OLE:OPC and the function is SyncRead.
I'll have a brief look inside the package but I think I reached my limit. It's entirely possible that the problem isn't in that package or even in any of it's perl dependancies but elsewhere in OLE or COM.
Bit depressing really.