in reply to How should Perlmonks deal with Plagiarism?
- the evidence is irrefutable
- it is not the result of a frame-up
- there is a consensus of Monks of high rank (rank to be determined)
I would recommend...
- the offenders lose all accumulated rank and XP
- their accounts be deactivated for a minimum of 30 days
- that the offenders be shunned (not allowed to post) for 90 days
Basically, strip them of everything and make them start over scratch. If they reform and behave themselves, welcome them back into the fold. If no remorse is shown or if there is a repeat offense, cancel their accounts.
Just my opinion...