|Perl Monk, Perl Meditation|
Re^2: Multi-language web appby diego_de_lima (Beadle)
|on Jan 23, 2006 at 18:29 UTC||Need Help??|
Well, thanks for the advices, it's getting clear to me.
In fact, despite this is a web app, it's much more a software than a web page. So, the templates are quite similiar to each other (think of phpPgAdmin, it's very similar to that).
- The software is an ERP solution. So I don't care that much on beauty, but more on usability.
- I have a 10 Gb PostgeSQL database behind it, 500 tables using one single template for browsing, other for details, etc... So, you see, this template must be quite complex to handle so many different field types.
- I use BerkeleyDB with MLDBM to cache lots of user information, like passwords, and some postgres schema information, and it's doing a good/fast job on that (but I acsess it only a few times per request, not dozen of times like it would happen with a lang dictionary).
- This time I'm not worryed about translating this 10 Gb DB :)
- I'm worried about translating simple software messages like: "Please enter your username and password", "The required field %s is blank", etc...
Yes I've seen linux gettext and I thought that's a good way too. Do you know if it's faster than BerkeleyDB?
Diego de Lima