|P is for Practical
Re^3: having problems w/CGI-Sessionby MrCromeDome (Deacon)
|on May 21, 2005 at 07:57 UTC
No confusion :) Please allow me to explain:
When I first wrote programs that used CGI::Session, I made the same mistake that I describe. . . I accidentally created a new session every time my program ran. Or, to look at it another way, every time the browser made a request of my script on the webserver, a new session was created. Once I realized what I had done, it was an easy thing to fix.
What I do struggle to understand is why his script appeared to work on Apache but not on iServer. As I never intend on using iServer I don't care all that much either ;) Whether or not it's some sort of bad coincidence or conclusion, or whether its a program bug or configuration issue is impossible to tell unless we get some code though ;) (and at this point I'm doubting that will ever surface).