I've created a CGI script which returns a TAR-archive, built using Archive::Tar
- The script runs fine on a Linux-box (Red Hat 9).
- It also runs on some windows box.
- On both machines you can connect with different clients (tested w3m, mozilla, konqueror).
- But on a second Linux-box (also Red Hat 9) it delivers TAR-archives which contain the filenames all-right but otherwise only \0s (x00). ????
- On that box it can create the tarballs as a file but can't deliver them correctly.
- Both linux boxen have (almost) the same httpd.conf, only differences in UserDir-related settings. I can't tell whether there might be any important differences but obviously there are.
- I've tried MIME-types: "application/x-tar", and "../octet-stream".
Can anyone point me in the right direction where to search for clues?
you begin bashing the string with a +42 regexp of confusion