in reply to OT: compensation beyond salary
- Health insurance. What's your co-pay? Do they cover dental? Ocular? What about chiropractic? Psychiatic? Substance abuse? Are family members covered? What about your non-married significant other?
- Can you tele-commute? If so, will they supply you with a laptop? Will they pay for broadband?
- What's the review process at your job? Are you going to have a performance review every 6 months? Every year? How does that relate to raises/bonuses?
- Are stock options available to you? What about an employee stock purchase plan? What about the 401K? Does the employer match employee contributions?
- A healthy employee is a happy employee, and one who doesn't make a lot of insurance claims. Does the company have an on-site gym? Will they pay for a gym membership? What about a discount?
- Training. A friend of mine had a deal worked out with a former employer. When he took classes, reimbursement was contingent on his grade. If he got an A, they paid 100% of tuition and fees. For a B, they paid 90%. For a C or lower, zip. It really encouraged him to buckle down, and he got the A.
"What do I want? I'm an American. I want more."
|Replies are listed 'Best First'.|
Re: Re: OT: compensation beyond salary
by nimdokk (Vicar) on Apr 22, 2004 at 12:15 UTC