Trying not to qualify my statements or turn this into a gag. . .
- I have not taken Erudil's vow of silence.
- I have downvoted BUU unfairly.
- I have upvoted BUU unfairly to compensate, throwing the rep system even farther out of kilter.
- I have cared more about my percieved ability than actual ability.
- I have pondered the possible rep of this node, and the resultant XP.
- I have wasted time being envious of Ovid instead of learning from him and others.
- I have been afraid to post this confession.
I have posted less and thought more as time goes on, but to take the process further, and atone, I'll take that vow now, and hope that you, my brothers and sisters, will hold me to it.
Light a man a fire, he's warm for a day. Catch a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchet
Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
<code> <a> <b> <big>
<blockquote> <br /> <dd>
<dl> <dt> <em> <font>
<h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>
<h5> <h6> <hr /> <i>
<li> <nbsp> <ol> <p>
<small> <strike> <strong>
<sub> <sup> <table>
<td> <th> <tr> <tt>
Snippets of code should be wrapped in
<code> tags not
<pre> tags. In fact, <pre>
tags should generally be avoided. If they must
be used, extreme care should be
taken to ensure that their contents do not
have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent
horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor
Want more info? How to link or
or How to display code and escape characters
are good places to start.