Item Description: A Perlish and efficient module for XML processing
Review Synopsis: review by the author
Full disclosure: I am the author of the module!
XML::Twig is a module designed for efficient processing of XML.
XML::Twig offers tree as well as stream based processing. It allows loading only parts of the document in order to keep memory requirements to a minimum.
XML::Twig is very Perlish: fast, efficient and it offers many different ways to perform a task.
Why use XML::Twig?
- you need to do complex processing of huge documents, fast
- XML::Simple is not enough for you but you don't like XSLT and DOM
- you like the interface
Why NOT use XML::Twig?
- you can live with the constraints of the DOM API and you want to be able to access XML data bases in the future
- XML::Simple works for you
- you don't like the interface
A list of nodes that include examples of using XML::Twig:
I use XML::Twig a lot ;--)
It might have some problems with mod_perl, I have not tested it in that environment
Suggestion, bug reports, comments welcome!