|Keep It Simple, Stupid|
reading .evt logs (Win32)by softworkz (Monk)
|on Jul 02, 2002 at 14:35 UTC||Need Help??|
softworkz has asked for the wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
Hello monks, Is there a way to read in the security.evt logs on a Win32 machine and dump them as normal TEXT files?
1. They logs are already saved as .evt extensions (yes, garbled if opened in notepad, but user friendly if viewed in the event viewer,
but I want to have them readable as text)
2. I know they should have been saved as csv files.
3. I know about Win32::Eventlog but that only gets the logs that are currently in the event viewer.
4. The logs are saved as .evt each month
5. I know there is a 3rd party software that can read the saved .evt logs and dump them as plain text (www.heysoft.net), but I'm sure there's a way in Perl?