I've grown tired of waiting around for my hosting server's tech support to respond to my requests, as they've become a bit slow and unreliable. It seems that a large number of needed Perl modules are not currently installed by host. I'm wondering if someone could give me a little guidance on installing Perl modules locally, so I no longer have to rely on tech support.
I need questions answered like:
- What steps do I take to install the module?
- Will I run into permission problems?
- Is there a chance of screwing things up big time?
- Will the modules be installed to the right place automatically?
- Will the Perl scripts instantly be able to find the newly installed modules or is this a seperate step?
I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. On a side note, can anyone recommend a good, cheap, reliable (and so on) host for a simple, personal website?