|Problems? Is your data what you think it is?|
Disappearing results with DBI and bind_columnsby ar0n (Priest)
|on Dec 31, 2001 at 03:48 UTC||Need Help??|
ar0n has asked for the wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I'm having some difficulties tracking down a problem with DBI. I have a method called get_picture which pulls out data from a MySQL database and returns a set of objects.
The method get_picture can be called with a column name/value pair to narrow the results, e.g:
And it worked fine up until today, when I added two columns to the select query, width and height. The width and height columns were part of the picture table for while, but I hadn't a need for them up until now.
Whereas before $db->get_picture( user => 1 ) would return four Phab::Picture objects, it now returns none. And the weird thing is, it does work if I remove the width and height columns from $sql and the $get->bind_columns call.
The complete get_picture method is below.
[ ar0n -- want job (boston) ]