Beefy Boxes and Bandwidth Generously Provided by pair Networks
P is for Practical
 
PerlMonks  

Re^2: Image::Magick - Exception 435: unable to open file `Image::Magick::Q16' @ error/Q16.xs/XS_Image__Magick__Q16_Read/13529

by mldvx4 (Friar)
on Jun 06, 2023 at 14:22 UTC ( [id://11152655] : note . print w/replies, xml ) Need Help??


in reply to Re: Image::Magick - Exception 435: unable to open file `Image::Magick::Q16' @ error/Q16.xs/XS_Image__Magick__Q16_Read/13529
in thread Image::Magick - Exception 435: unable to open file `Image::Magick::Q16' @ error/Q16.xs/XS_Image__Magick__Q16_Read/13529

Thanks.

Yes the script gets to the print "Error b: $err\n"; line, which shows the output:

Error b: Exception 435: unable to open file `Image::Magick::Q16' @ error/Q16.xs/XS_Image__Magick__Q16_Read/13529

That's even after adding the CARP lines to the beginning of the script as you've recommended. So adding CARP provides no additional output.

On the one system,

$ apt-cache policy libimage-magick-perl | head -n 3 libimage-magick-perl: Installed: 8:6.9.11.60+dfsg-1.3ubuntu0.22.04.3 Candidate: 8:6.9.11.60+dfsg-1.3ubuntu0.22.04.3 $ apt-cache policy perl | head -n 3 perl: Installed: 5.34.0-3ubuntu1.2 Candidate: 5.34.0-3ubuntu1.2

On the other system,

$ apk list imagemagick-perlmagick imagemagick-perlmagick-7.1.1.11-r3 x86_64 {imagemagick} (ImageMagick) +[installed] $ apk list | grep ^perl-5 perl-5.36.1-r2 x86_64 {perl} (Artistic-Perl OR GPL-1.0-or-later) [inst +alled]
Edit: updated with Perl versions
  • Comment on Re^2: Image::Magick - Exception 435: unable to open file `Image::Magick::Q16' @ error/Q16.xs/XS_Image__Magick__Q16_Read/13529
  • Select or Download Code

Replies are listed 'Best First'.
Re^3: Image::Magick - Exception 435: unable to open file `Image::Magick::Q16' @ error/Q16.xs/XS_Image__Magick__Q16_Read/13529
by hv (Prior) on Jun 06, 2023 at 16:32 UTC

    Hmm, I had a little dig, and I'm not getting very far: the internal structure of the code is, um, unusual. You are probably best off opening an issue on github, but be warned that the maintainers are a small team that appear to be somewhat swamped.

    I note that you have not mentioned the version of perl: they will likely want that alongside the other version numbers you have mentioned.

      Thanks. After starting to check some semi-random things, I found that once I added imagemagick-svg and imagemagick-webp to that system the script resumed working. So, at the end of the day, the problem had nothing to do with Perl except that the symptoms of some change manifested via well-used Perl script on a production system which has only received system updates of late. Unfortunately I have no clue as to what or why there were changes inside those updates which set the script off its rails.

      tldr; solved but dunno the original cause