Current Perl documentation can be found at
Here is our local, out-dated (pre-5.6) version:
This document is structured into the following sections:
- perlfaq: Structural overview of the FAQ.
- perlfaq1: General Questions About Perl
Very general, high-level information about Perl.
- perlfaq2: Obtaining and Learning about Perl
Where to find source and documentation to Perl, support, and related
- perlfaq3: Programming Tools
Programmer tools and programming support.
- perlfaq4: Data Manipulation
Manipulating numbers, dates, strings, arrays, hashes, and miscellaneous
- perlfaq5: Files and Formats
I/O and the ``f'' issues: filehandles, flushing,
formats and footers.
- perlfaq6: Regexps
Pattern matching and regular expressions.
- perlfaq7: General Perl Language Issues
General Perl language issues that don't clearly fit into any of the other
- perlfaq8: System Interaction
(IPC), control over the user-interface (keyboard,
screen and pointing devices).
- perlfaq9: Networking
Networking, the Internet, and a few on the web.
Return to the Library