I think code should be automatically syntax highlighted / run through PerlTidy when posted on PerlMonks
This kind of question comes up with some regularity. For example:
- Improvement of < code > sections
- Adding Minimal Formatting To Unformatted Newbie Posts
- PM Code Tidier/Highlighter
- Syntax highlighting code tags
- Automate perltidy for PM code?
- Use your Vim colorscheme in perlmonks syntax highlighting
- Free Nodelet hack: Syntax colouring
- Code highlighting?
- (Client side) Perl Syntax Highlighter
- Feature Request: Adding Colors to Source Code
- On-the-fly all-languages syntax highlighting
- Tidy feature to implement recommended code style
- HTML: Syntax highlightning for perl-Code
- Vim for PerlMonks nodes
- syntax highlighting of code in perlmonks forums
- Regarding the user Perltidy...
- Feature request: Colourful comments?
- Code Highlighting in the code tag
- Feature suggestion for code-tags
- Perl4Win32: prettify code syntax
If, after reading those, you still think PerlMonks should automatically syntax highlight / PerlTidy posted code — discuss it in the chatterbox! Then, if you still believe that you have something substantial to add to the discussion, post in Perl Monks Discussion.
Back to PerlMonks FAQ