Things change. I've mostly moved on to other realms, carrying fond memories of my years here.
- Being a professional means a lot of things to a lot of people. Here is an aspect that many people miss.
- I hire people now and then. If by some odd chance you find yourself interviewing with me, read On Interviewing Candidates first.
- Sometimes I don't get enough sleep. Then things like perl T-shirt and #!/usr/bin/perl -T conflict happen.
- Along the way, I've picked up a couple of tricks for tricking my ego into getting out of my way when I'm debugging or reviewing my own code.
- R0z3z 4r3 R3d is a feeble attempt at poetry.
- Projects fail for many reasons. Not having an effective executive sponsor is one of the less obvious ones.
- If you're storing credit card data, for heaven's sake don't let your web server talk directly to your database server.
- While poring over a TCP packet trace, I discovered an interesting interaction between Connection: Keep-Alive and Perl.
- On-demand single-pixel GIFs are just the thing for those occasions when making pixels by hand is premature.
- There are some nifty things lurking in the ActiveState Perl distribution. Win32::OLE Type Library Browser is one of them.
- They tried to cancel my coding permit when they made me a manager. I resisted. Microsoft Project and Perl is one result.
/msg me with typos or wordos in my posts, and win valuable* bonus points. The first typo report gets the point.
* Bonus kudos for finding the largest number of typos (11) in a single post.
(void *) where prohibited.