<Hey What you lookin at Willis?>
<img src = "http://www.nolaflash.com/perl_monks/selfport.jpg" alt="Leggo Me by ReasonablyClever.com!" align='left'>
My name is Inigo Montoya...
New Orleans is once again home to a
Perl Mongers Chapter!!
I am adding this link while sitting in the meeting at Fairgrinds CoffeeHouse.
Monks I have met in person:
- I fell in love with computers when my 3rd grade friend got a tape drive for his Commodore64.
- I wrote my first script, an image editor, in 1985 in Basic on an Apple IIe, with a color monitor even!
- I couldn't hack Calculus so I got degrees in Psychology and Anthropology at William and Mary.
- I am ecstatically in love/ driven quite insane these 19.5 years with/ by Rachel McCaleb Watts, my wife.
- I sculpt, sometimes in bronze, and make ceramics and stained glass.
- I have a Masters in Special Education from the U. of New Orleans.
- I built my current desktop, an AMD K6.
- I stay home with Ezekiel and LOVE it.
- I returned to scripting via Flash (stop groaning).
- I make Flash and sites for a living now.
- One of my anims went to Comdex in 2001 representing Mindrigger Tech's steganography app.
- I am a dilettante coder, I am doing this for fun.
- Zeke and Rachel.
- Jerry Garcia and The Dead, Townes Van Zandt, Warren Zevon.
- New Orleans (Food, JazzFest, and Mardi Gras in that order).
- Vonnegut, Robbins, and Shakespeare (also in that order).
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, The Princess Bride.
- Freaks like me.
- My learning curve.
- New Orleans (cursing, littering, and spitting in public, in that order).