I'm a biologist-turned-informatics guy currently working as a bioinformatician in Cambridge (UK). Interests include immunology, statistics, databases, ontologies, workflows, integration, all those catchy buzzwords (update this list with as many *omics terms as you desire). In my spare time I maintain the MAGE-TAB Utilities project, and in my slightly-less-spare time I work on the ClinStudyWeb project.
Below is a rather out-of-date listing of various nodes I've found around the monastery over the years. There are many more lurking in my personal nodelet, and one day they will be freed to roam over these wild plains...
Handy SnippetsCode ideas I've found useful.
- Non-Blocking Bidirectional Communication using Unix Sockets
- Using caller to determine the namespace of an anonymous subroutine
- Case-preserving substitutions
- List-to-Range generation
- Simple HTTP in under 100 lines
- Progress Bar
Enlightening NodesBest practices and HOWTOs.
- Use strict and warnings
- References quick reference
- Simple module tutorial
- Why I hate File::Find and how I (hope I) fixed it
- Passing arguments to File::Find
- Why Closures?
- Why are closures cool, continued?
- (code) scratching the surface of File::Temp
- Death to Dot Star
- HTML::TokeParser Tutorial
Other PM NodesA selection of nodes, in no particular order, culled from my personal nodelet over the years.
- Re: comparing strings - better than soundex
- rename 0.3 - now with two extra cupholders
- Yet another POD to HTML converter
- SpamAssassin IMAP client for exchange
- Schwartzian Transform
- matching elements in a list in a logical OR fashion
- (OT) emacs perl tweaks
- Emacs outline mode for Perl
- Merging hashes
- Merge Multiple Hashes
- Displaying/buffering huge text files
- Re: Naming convention for Object Variables (inside-out objects)
- Re^2: Sudoku puzzles solved using Regular Expressions
- BioPerl introduction
- Introduction to Tree::DAG_Node
- Mirror only the installable parts of CPAN
- Perl Monks bookmarklet