in reply to Favourite modules April 2003
Here are my favorites:
- DBI - I do a lot of database work, and a lot of times I just need to see if a DB has a table or is available, so I use 'dbish' a lot. It's also a quick way to figure out what DSN's are available on your machine.
- CGI - cgi scripting. :-)
- CGI::Application - more often than not, defining callbacks for actions is a lot easier than straight scripting.
- HTML::Template - use this with CGI::Application for faster web app prototyping.
- DBIx::Recordset - has a nice interface.
- HTML::TreeBuilder - once you wrap your brain around this one, you can scrape data from any web page you want. There's also a module HTML::Seamstress which uses this to create a better HTML template system than HTML::Template (IMHO).
- Tk - sometimes it's nice to have your favorite script with a GUI interface. :-)
- CGI::Session there's a cookbook and some good tutorials for using this module.
What time is it? It's Camel Time!
In Section Meditations